Autumnal Vibes

08:08


Autumnal Vibes

Before I begin, I would just like to say a huge thank you to the positive response you all have given me for my YouTube channel. This is essentially my first official blog post and I am hoping that it exceeds your expectations. If you follow me on my social platforms you will know that I recently travelled to Belfast to the studio in University of Ulster to shoot a few pieces for my Autumn style editorial. This project was carried out in association with my sister Anna Brogan Photography who I believe did a great job and I think you will too! 



This outfit to me is a stereotypical Autumn / Fall daytime outfit because of the warm toned colour pallete. The foundation of the outfit are the fitted top and skirt (although the colder weather has arrived, the mince pies have not yet caught up on us!).  This maroon stripy roll neck is from Hollister. Co and is paired with this beautiful high waisted pocketed skirt from Primark in the USA. I'm not exactly sure if the US Primark stocks the same as the UK but if anyone knows be sure to leave a comment below, as I felt as though I preferred their stock! The gold necklace and dainty shoes are also from Primark and the leather backpack is available on Ebay.

 If your feeling a bit chilly this side of the pond. This outfit would also be complete paired with tights and chunky boots which are all the rage this season annually. Below I have shown how to pair and layer with a simple denim jacket available from Levi or an over-sized camel coat from a new vintage shop in Belfast called Octopus's Garden which I will link here.












































Or, if you REALLY don't feel like shaving your legs (jokes) then the roll neck, as any top can be put together with a pair of high-waisted Joni jeans from Topshop to maintain that fitted chic look, but to also give you an extra bit of warmth this autumn. In these shots below I paired them with a chunky grey boot with a cleated sole from Primark as well as a camel coloured tote bag from the USA, in a similar style to those of MK. 



























The next look I put together, was an Autumnal business casual/office look. I really enjoyed shooting this piece as I love smart-wear and enjoy the idea of being dressed for the office. This pumpkin coloured v-neck was one piece I scooped up in Primark USA, and after watching a few hauls on YT I'm excited that they have this in other patterns! I think V-Necks on a baggy shirt/top are very flattering for those with a larger bust, and essentially very respectful and decent as a piece of office wear. On bottom, I'm wearing black cotton work trousers from H&M paired with the same ankle straps and bag from Primark with a world map watch from Ebay and a silver Indian style leaf necklace from New Look. For outdoors this look would also work well with a leather jacket or an on trend over-sized camel coat.














The next outfit I put together is more of a feminine look which could be paired with tights on chillier days. This is the sort of outfit I would wear when meeting up the girls or doing some shopping. This long sleeved ribbed burgundy top is from Primark's Autumn collection and is actually a cropped top. For this time of year, I tend to purchase crop tops slightly over-sized so I can tuck them into high-waisted bottoms like this monochrome Aztec skirt from H&M. Primark's range of ribbed t-shirts are perfect for this time of year as the come in t-shirt, long-sleeved, and roll neck style and although they are all plain in colour, they are true to the autumnal pallet and the ribbed material provides them with some sort of texture. They can be paired with anything and they are definitely an Autumn essential in my opinion. I paired this outfit with a black platform I scooped up in Primark for only £1! Although these shoes have had mixed reviews and probably won't last me long, I can't resist a good bargain.















































This last outfit I shot is more sophisticated day-time look perhaps for a meeting, party or formal event. 
This navy and white patterned dress is available from River Island and although mostly cotton, the elastane in this dress makes it quite figure hugging. With a subtle high neck is nicely paired with a short-chained necklace to elongate the neck, and to add some warmth whilst maintaining femininity would be best paired with tights and high heeled boots, along with a leather/denim jacket and a nice scarf . New Look have some really nice check print scarfs to get you through this season as well as some gorgeous faux fur stoles if you want to hop it up a few notches. 























So there you have it, some positive autumnal fashion vibes which I hope will help you get through this miserable weather and inspire you to keep shopping! Personally my favourite thing about Autumn trends are the colours. I am obsessed with warm tones like burgundy, maroon, camel, and nude as I find they suit me a lot better than the brighter colours found in the summer. I also really love layering coats, jackets and cardigans over outfits with scarfs and lets not forget the re-emergence of the chunky cleated sole boot and the fedora!. I really hope you enjoyed my first blog post and I really appreciate the support everyone has given me so far to pursue this blog. Leave a comment below telling me your favourite outfit from this blogs, as any posts/ YouTube videos you'd like to see!  Thank you all so much for sharing, liking, subscribing and just generally giving me a positive response! Love you all!

Daily Dee x
(P.S: Scroll down to see a BTS video fro my shoot!)











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe